Junior Graphic Designer/Production Assistant
Are you a creative graphic designer who is trendy, well-versed in typography, and passionate about the wedding + event industry with a desire to grow?
We are searching for a part-time junior graphic designer to join the Dear Heart Signs team! Must be well versed in typography and signage design using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Products. In this role, you will work closely with the design team and assist with order-fulfillment and event-based projects. You will assist in creating new product designs and collections. You will focus on creating unique and modern designs that align with the quality and aesthetics of our brand. You must be comfortable working closely with clients to help bring their vision to life!
As a junior graphic designer for Dear Heart Signs you must be passionate about the event industry, up to date and knowledgeable about industry trends, and able to work independently and as part of the creative team. We are looking for someone who has great communication skills, able to take feedback, and great at pitching ideas and providing their own creative input.
- Must be able to execute designs based from start to finish. (design to finished product)
- Must have experience in producing vector file formats (PDF, DXF)
- Must be able to create concepts based on senior team or client direction.
- Must be well-versed in typography and signage design.
- Must be able to create consistent designs aligned with our branding.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously. This is a fast-paced, ever-changing industry so we are looking for someone who can be organized, prioritize, multitask and perform with grace under pressure.
- Assist with order fulfillment by keeping track of incoming orders, sending design proofs in a timely manner, and providing completed designs to the production and packaging team.
- Able to be hands-on in the creative process and assist in all areas of the creative process ranging from preparing files for laser cutting, running the laser, putting signage together and ensuring a quality finished product.
- Able to communicate effectively with the team to ensure that orders are completed and shipped out on time.
- Able to remain organized and proof for accuracy.
- Maintaining a kind, helpful, and professional manner at all times.
- Familiarizing yourself with Dear Heart Signs products, offers, and vision.
- Attending workshops and meetings as required.
- Remain up to date on current trends for both the creative and special events industry.
- Able to identify gaps & provide creative solutions and ideas.
- OC based candidates only.
- 2+ years experience in typography design.
- Independent, self-motivated and strong work ethic.
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Creative Suite Products.
- Corel Draw Experience (preferred, but not required).
- Innovative and willing to take the initiative to come up with new ideas!
- Must care deeply about the growth of DHS and go above and beyond to help grow the brand.
- Passionate about growing in both the event industry and creative business industry.
- Practical experience using Dropbox, Google Products (Gmail, Drive, Sheets, etc), Social Media platforms, Shopify, and Etsy (preferred, but not required).
- Comfortable being in front of the camera for Reels and Tiktok Videos a plus!
- Exceptional attention to detail and multi-tasking capabilities to effectively deliver on deliverables and deadlines; Strong organizational skills
- Strong conceptual abilities, sophisticated sense of color with a high attention to detail
- Willingness to learn, accept feedback, and experiment with new approaches
- Woodworking and installation experience A PLUS
- The ability to respond appropriately under pressure and represent our brand values.
- A positive attitude and the ability to build relationships with clients.
Platforms We Use:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Corel Draw
- Google Workspace (Gmail, Drive, Sheets, etc)
- Slack (for communication).
- Social Media Platforms.
How to Apply
Does this position sound like a good fit? Email us at email@example.com
- Include this role's title in your subject line.
- Include a cover letter to introduce yourself and why you are perfect for this position.
- Attach a resume and portfolio that shows your work experience in this field.
- In your portfolio, please include relevant typography samples.
- Share your relevant social media handles.
Job Details - Part-time position
Rate: Starting at $17.50/hr
Location: Orange, CA
ABOUT OUR COMPANY - WHO WE ARE
Dear Heart Signs is a boutique signage studio specializing in personalized goods for all special occasions. We have been serving clients since 2015 as a husband and wife team.
We are excited to expand our team and bring on people who are passionate about serving with excellence, creativity, and kindness. Ideally we’d love to add team members who have a desire to grow and learn more about the event/celebration industry.
We help our customers create uplifting environments and heartfelt moments one custom sign at a time.
WHAT SETS US APART
We believe that our customers should experience a warm, personal touch when they're interacting with our brand. We go above and beyond to personally guide our customers through the process of designing a sign, ordering it, and getting it shipped. We want to make them feel supported and excited about their new signs. Our goal is to enable our customers to create warm and happy memories with their loved ones.
As a junior graphic designer for Dear Heart Signs, your goal will be to create a memorable experience and execute product designs that exceed the client’s expectations.
We emphasize creating quality pieces of work that are classic and long-lasting. Using fine materials and hand crafting our work allows us to offer products that will last and look great. It's our goal to have our customers be blown away when they open their package and hang their sign for the first time. Beyond just the quality of our signs, we strive for quality in all corners of our business—from customer support to the design process to shipping.
We aim to be forward-thinking and outside of-the-box with everything that we do. It's our goal to steer clear of what everybody else is doing when it comes to creating custom signs that delight. We listen intently to what our customers are looking for in terms of design and aim to constantly bring fresh ideas to the table and evolve. Our aim is to strike a balance between trends and timelessness so that our designs feel fresh but stand the test of time.